Research Funding Opportunities : School of Health
This post provides information on the latest funding opportunities for your School. You will still be able to conduct your own searches via Grantfinder in the usual way or contact the RSB Office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- The Erasmus+ programme for 2014-2020 has been launched. Part of Horizon2020, it aims to boost skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work. The seven year programme will have a budget of €14.7 billion; a 40% increase compared to current spending levels, reflecting the EU’s commitment to investing in these areas.
Visit the UK site here:
- Welcome Trust, Arts awards – small to medium sized projectsThese support imaginative and experimental arts projects that investigate biomedical science. The scheme aims to:
•stimulate interest and debate about biomedical science through the arts; •examine the social, cultural and ethical impact of biomedical science;
•support formal and informal learning; •encourage new ways of thinking; •encourage interdisciplinary practice and collaborative partnerships in arts, science or education practice.
Projects must involve the creation of new artistic work and have biomedical scientific input into the process, either through a scientist taking on an advisory role or through direct collaboration. The scheme is open to a wide range of people including artists, scientists, curators, filmmakers, writers, producers, directors, academics, science communicators, teachers, arts workers and education officers. Applicants must be based in the UK or Republic of Ireland and the activity must take place in the UK or RoI. Eligible candidates are usually affiliated to organisations, but may apply as individuals.
Up to £30,000 is available for projects lasting a maximum of three years to support the development of new project ideas, deliver small-scale productions or workshops, investigate methods of engagement through the arts or develop collaborative relationships between artists and scientists.
- Burdett Trust for Nursing, Small Grants Programme This programme will make small grants to projects that are nurse-led and focussed on supporting the nursing contribution to healthcare. All projects must be focussed on improving care for patients through nursing and may include multi-professional or team-working interventions. Projects may involve clinical care, environment of care, social care, leadership and/or education.
The application deadlines for the following funds are approaching:
- 31 July 2014: Healthcare Infection Society, Small Research Grants – These support work on the subject of healthcare infection control, to be carried out in the UK or Eire. Grants are worth up to £10,000
- 23 September 2014: Winston Churchill Memorial Trust – Travelling Fellowships Funding for British citizens to travel anywhere in the world for between four and eight weeks, with the aim of gaining knowledge and experience that will enhance effectiveness at work and contribution to the community