Research funding opportunities: School of Science and Technology
This post provides information on the latest funding opportunities for your School. You will still be able to conduct your own searches via Grantfinder in the usual way or contact the RSB Office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- Erasmus+, Calls are now open for the new Erasmus+ programme. If you are interested in any of the areas please contact RSB@northampton.ac.uk for assistance. Further information can be obtained from the Erasmus + website
- EC LIFE programme for the Environment Calls are now open for this programme. All initial enquiries should be made to Ryan Titley from the European Office .
- Leverhulme Research Project Grants Offering up to £500,000 over five years for research on a topic of the applicant’s choice. Grants cover salary and research costs directly associated with the project. Submit a first-stage outline application at any time.
- 7 October 2014L EPSRC, Collaborative Computational Projects: Networking and Core Support. Funding available to support new and existing Collaborative Computational Projects (CCPs) critical to research and research communities within the EPSRC’s remit.
- 9 October 2014: Leverhulme Trust Visiting Professorship The objective of these awards is to enable distinguished academics based overseas to spend between three and twelve months inclusive at a UK university, primarily in order to enhance the skills of academic staff or the student body within the host institution. It is recognised that Visiting Professors may also wish to use the opportunity to further their own academic interests. The over-riding criteria for selection are first the academic standing and achievements of the visitor in terms of research and teaching, and secondly the ability of the receiving institution to benefit from the imported skills and expertise. Priority will be given to new or recent collaborative ventures
- 15 October 2014: Google Inc Google Faculty Research Awards Funding is available on a worldwide basis to support university faculty members undertaking novel research in computer science, engineering and related fields.
- 17 October 2014: RCUK/CONFAP Research Partnership Calls. Research Councils UK (RCUK) and the Brazilian Council of State Funding Agencies (CONFAP) are pleased to invite applications for the Newton Fund RCUK-CONFAP Research Partnerships call.
The aim of this call is to provide flexible short-term support for small-scale research and networking activities, with the objective of establishing sustainable collaborations between UK and Brazilian researchers, helping to build a community that will be better equipped to develop excellent research outcomes through this and future funding opportunities.
Applications that address the following areas are particularly welcomed:
Food energy water environment nexus
Biodiversity and ecosystems resilience
Economic development and welfare reform
Applications across all research areas will also be eligible, as long as they make a strong case for UK-Brazil collaboration and meet the eligibility requirements associated with Official Development Assistance.
- 24 October 2014: BIS, Newton Fund International Collaboration Programme – Engineering Funding available for engineering researchers to undertake exchanges between the UK and Newton Fund partner countries.
- 29 October 2014:EPSRC, Design the Future, Funding available to enable research into how designers use the integration of new engineering and technologies, leading to the development of future products, manufacturing processes, devices, services and industrial and infrastructure systems.
- 27 November 2014: AHRC Digital Transformations Small Grants Funding call for innovative, ambitious projects which aim to explore the potential for digital environments to facilitate collaborative research and dialogue between practice-based research in the arts, and other forms of research across the arts and humanities.
- 19 December 2014: EPSRC MeDe Innovation – Fresh Ideas Fund Small grants available to develop short or small projects that identify key challenges in medical device manufacturing (Class III, musculoskeletal) and lead to larger projects being funded by national and global funding sources.
- 31 December 2014: NEMODE Network – Research Placements Open Call Funding available for PhD students and junior research fellows allowing them to undertake research placements addressing topics which are relevant to the digital economy.