Research Funding Opportunities: School of Science and Technology
This post provides information on the latest funding opportunities for your School. You will still be able to conduct your own searches via Grantfinder in the usual way or contact the RSB Office email@example.com and we will assist you.
- New fund launched – The Newton Fund
This fund will distribute £375 million evenly over the next five years to projects aimed at development and capacity building projects between the UK and a number of partner countries. The countries involved are China, India, Brazil, South Africa, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Egypt and Kazakhstan. Project calls for each country will be based along themes selected by each country and cover a wide variety of topics, whilst multi-country calls focus on researcher and network development. For more information, see here:
If you are interested in making an application to the Newton Fund, please contact the RSB Office to discuss your potential project.
- Erasmus+, Calls are now open for the new Erasmus+ programme. If you are interested in any of the areas please contact RSB@northampton.ac.uk for assistance. Further information can be obtained from the Erasmus + website
- EC LIFE programme for the Environment Calls are now open for this programme. All initial enquiries should be made to Ryan Titley from the European Office .
- Leverhulme Research Project Grants Offering up to £500,000 over five years for research on a topic of the applicant’s choice. Grants cover salary and research costs directly associated with the project. Submit a first-stage outline application at any time.
- 19 December 2014: EPSRC MeDe Innovation – Fresh Ideas Fund Small grants available to develop short or small projects that identify key challenges in medical device manufacturing (Class III, musculoskeletal) and lead to larger projects being funded by national and global funding sources.
- 31 December 2014: NEMODE Network – Research Placements Open Call Funding available for PhD students and junior research fellows allowing them to undertake research placements addressing topics which are relevant to the digital economy.
- 14 January 2015: HEA, National Teaching Fellowship Scheme Fellowship scheme which recognises and rewards individuals who have had an outstanding impact on student learning and the teaching profession