Research Funding Opportunities: School of Social Sciences
Posted by Research and Strategic Bidding Office
This post provides information on the latest funding opportunities for your School. You will still be able to conduct your own searches via Grantfinder in the usual way or contact the RSB Office email@example.com and we will assist you.
- New fund launched – The Newton Fund
This fund will distribute £375 million evenly over the next five years to projects aimed at development and capacity building projects between the UK and a number of partner countries. The countries involved are China, India, Brazil, South Africa, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Egypt and Kazakhstan. Project calls for each country will be based along themes selected by each country and cover a wide variety of topics, whilst multi-country calls focus on researcher and network development. For more information, see here:
If you are interested in making an application to the Newton Fund, please contact the RSB Office to discuss your potential project.
- Erasmus+, Calls are now open for the new Erasmus+ programme. If you are interested in any of the areas please contact RSB@northampton.ac.uk for assistance. Further information can be obtained from the Erasmus + website
- Leverhulme Research Project Grants Offering up to £500,000 over five years for research on a topic of the applicant’s choice. Grants cover salary and research costs directly associated with the project. Submit a first-stage outline application at any time.
- AHRC Fellowship Scheme This fellowships scheme has recently been revised to enhance the development of research leadership across the arts and humanities. The scheme now provides opportunities for mid and senior career researchers to carry out focused individual research, alongside collaborative activities, which may potentially have a transformative effect on their areas of expertise.
Fellowships can be awarded for research in any subject area within the AHRC’s remit and proposals for research may be at different stages of development as long as considerable high quality research outputs are intended to flow directly from the Fellowship. A range of activities, including knowledge exchange, may be included in proposals and the scheme incorporates elements of the former Fellowships in the Creative and Performing Arts and Knowledge Transfer Fellowships schemes.
Max value £250,000
- AHRC Research Grants Scheme The scheme is aimed at supporting well-defined research projects, so enabling individual researchers to collaborate with other individuals and organisations by carrying out high quality research in the arts and humanities
Max value £1,000,000
- 27 November 2014: AHRC Digital Transformations Small Grants Funding call for innovative, ambitious projects which aim to explore the potential for digital environments to facilitate collaborative research and dialogue between practice-based research in the arts, and other forms of research across the arts and humanities.
- 1 December 2014: The Wenner-Gren Foundation, International Collaborative Research Grants Grants are available to support international research collaborations between two or more qualified scholars in the field of anthropology
- 31 December 2014: NEMODE Network – Research Placements Open Call Funding available for PhD students and junior research fellows allowing them to undertake research placements addressing topics which are relevant to the digital economy.
- 14 January 2015: HEA, National Teaching Fellowship Scheme Fellowship scheme which recognises and rewards individuals who have had an outstanding impact on student learning and the teaching profession