Renewing your Zetoc Alert
FAQ: My Zetoc Alert is about to expire. How can I renew it?
Anybody that uses Zetoc Alerts to keep up to date with research literature will know that once a year these expire and have to be renewed. This is a straightforward process and simply involves clicking on one of the links given in the reminder email.
The trick is to click on the correct link.
- Log into Zetoc using the link to the Zetoc home page (http://zetoc.mimas.ac.uk) and your username and password. Click on Zetoc Alert.
- You can select a specific Zetoc Alert from the drop-down list or enter the name of the list you wish to renew.
- Click the Renew/Modify button.
- Select the link to renew the list for another 12 months.
- You will be given confirmation that the list has been renewed, and the new expiry date.
However, if your credentials have changed (for example from an Athens account to your university single sign-on account) then you will need to first transfer the list to your new user name:
- Click on the hyperlink provided at the very bottom of the email. (The link will be specific to your Alert and will contain a string of random looking characters.)
- At the login prompt, enter your new login details to transfer the list to that account.
- Entering your new username and password will automatically transfer the list to the new login for you.