PG researchers wanted for East Midlands Research Conference!
The East Midlands Postgraduate Research Group (EMU) are holding their annual research conference on 6th September at the University of Derby and are inviting research students to contribute by submitting a short paper, a research snapshot or a poster. They are also offering the chance to chair a session.
More information about the conference will be released during February but …
1. There will be conference places for between 100 and 120 students
2. PGR students may offer a short paper (10 minutes with up to 5 minutes discussion)
3. The paper can be on any aspect of research: the only requirement is that there should be some research findings to report
4. There will be five parallel sessions with five talks in each session
5. All short talks will be at scheduled times to enable delegates to transfer from one room to another to hear the talks of their choice
6. A new feature will be Research Snapshots which are three-minute talks using a maximum of two slides
7. There will be seven 3-minute snapshots in each of two half-hour sessions. (Prize this year for the best)
8. Acceptance of short talks will be competitive and based on an Abstract; acceptance of snapshot is also competitive and based on one slide.
9. All attending delegates may submit [but do not have to] a poster that will be placed on the website gallery
10. So every student attending can contribute a poster and over 60 students can give either a Research Snapshot or a short talk.
11. Every University is invited to nominate two PGR students who are prepared to assess the submitted materials and chair a session at the Conference.