Institute of Health and Wellbeing: Theme leaders announced
The Institute of Health and Wellbeing is very pleased to announce that the leaders for each of our research themes have been appointed. In some instances, we have appointed a second leader to assist and bring together an exciting mix of skills and experience.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Dr Jackie Parkes, Associate Professor
- Physical Activity: Dr Stuart Raleigh, Reader, and Dr Florence Kinnafick
- Children and Families: Dr Jane Callaghan, Associate Professor, and Dr Sarah Church
- Ageing: Professor Judith Sixsmith and Dr Lee Machado
- Environment: Mrs Sabine Coady-Schaebitz
Work has begun to develop each of the themes from the mapping exercise undertaken and we will be presenting this to our first Board meeting next week. You will soon see events for each of the themes advertised to develop collaborative ideas for research, social enterprise and education projects that will improve the health and wellbeing of the population.
We hope you will join us in congratulating our theme leaders and we look forward to working with you to build our research themes.