Using Eventbrite for booking Graduate School workshops and events.
Graduate School workshops and events, for research students and early-career researchers, are administered through a booking system called Eventbrite. So I thought it time for a post outlining the booking process. Each individual event or workshop has its own booking code, a Web link, which looks something like this – http://gsannconf2014.eventbrite.co.uk/. You can find an up-to-date list of all our workshops and events, and their codes, at the Research Hub post here. Read on to learn about the easy-peasy booking process, cancelling and keeping up to date.
- To book, just click the code (or cut and paste the code into your browser) and you’ll be taken to the booking page describing the workshop, the date, time and venue. You’ll see a green Register button; click on this to book. Please make sure that the workshop is relevant to your needs before you book.
- Register with Eventbrite using an email address you use daily. Please make sure that you type in your email address accurately, as you will receive confirmations (rarely, cancellation notices). You have then created your Eventbrite account.
- It is important to make a note of workshops and events you have booked onto. Please avoid booking onto a workshop twice.
- If you want to check your bookings, (for example, if you can’t remember whether you’ve already registered for a workshop or not), log into Eventbrite and choose the menu item at the top entitled “My Tickets”. Your bookings will be listed. You can also cancel your place on a workshop via this option; if you do it this way you don’t need to email me, as this method automatically takes you off the register. But please use this method of cancellation no less than 24 hours prior to a workshop.
- You can also use the “MyTickets” option to remind yourself of the workshops you have attended (as long as you have used the same login account).
- Room and date changes do happen occasionally so, once you have booked a workshop, always keep an eye out for emails from the Eventbrite system and check the original Eventbrite booking page a few hours before the workshop for any alterations. It is your responsibility to make these checks. We always email to let you know of changes but we cannot guarantee that you will see the email!
That’s it, quite straightforward. Please direct any queries on Eventbrite, or Graduate School workshops and events, to Simone Apel.