How confident are you presenting at conferences? Would you like some free skills training?
In advance of our 14th September Postgraduate Researcher Conference, The Graduate School has asked Dr Adair Richards, trainer, broadcaster and consultant, to facilitate conference skills and 3 Minute Thesis training for our researchers. Even if you are not presenting at our conference, learning these skills is immensely valuable to you as a researcher and Adair is a master of teaching presentation techniques.
The workshop will run on September 6th from 9:30am to 4:45pm in MY120, Maidwell, Avenue Campus and there are a few places left for research students and early career researchers. Adair will tailor the workshop to the group, so book your place on Gateway and then email Simone or Leila to let them know what you would like to cover. Content might include:
- What makes for a great presentation / 3MT
- How to prepare effectively for a presentation / 3MT
- Improving your body language & voice
- Creating effective visual aids
- Overcoming nerves and portraying confidence
- Networking at conferences
- Practical presentation exercises
- Feedback on your own presenting style
Please contact Simone with any questions.
Posted on August 31, 2017, in Conferences, Researcher development, Workshops & Training and tagged 3MT, conference presenting, Early career researchers, Postgraduate research students, Skills development. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.