Graduate School Workshop No-Shows – active from January 2023
The Graduate School is implementing a no-show policy for signing up to but not attending workshops that will take effect from January 2023.
We understand that plans change, and that you might no longer be able to make it to a workshop or an event you thought you would like to attend. The aim of the policy is not to discourage you from registering for events you might be interested in. Instead, if your plans change, we ask that you simply let us know that by cancelling your registration.
Cancelling your spot ensures that others who might wish to attend in your place are able to (if the workshop is highly booked) and it also allows us to accurately determine the number of attendees and make adequate preparations.
To cancel, go to the event’s page on Gateway and click on the green “Respond” button (top right side of the page) and choose “not attending”.
Failing to do so will result in a record of no-show. The following action will be taken:
1st time: grace allowance
2nd time: you will be notified
3rd time: you and your and Supervisors are alerted
4th time: your Faculty Level 8 Lead and Supervisors are contacted
If you wish to remind yourself of workshops you have booked through Gateway follow these instructions.
- From the Home, after logging in, click on My Project
- Choose Log (bottom right – see picture below) from the Development area and you will see the following tabs.
- Upcoming Events: You can see upcoming events that you have booked
- Attendance Record: You can see your attendance record, inc No Shows!
- My Log: You can download a record of all the Graduate School workshops you’ve been on and add workshops and training you have taken part in elsewhere.