LLS Research Support
The LLS Research Support team exists to help researchers with their information needs.
We offer the following services:
- Research-specific training on a range of topics such as research data management, alerting services, RefWorks and bibliometrics. We contribute to the Graduate School’s programmes of training for both research students and supervisors.
- A weekly help desk service for researchers (alternating between campuses)
- One to one help for researchers by email, telephone and in person
- Support for NECTAR, the university’s open access digital repository
- Support for university publishing through the Northampton Open Journals collection and university ISBNs
- Projects to support research and researchers. We have previously won external funding to create and enhance NECTAR and to develop digital preservation in the repository. In our latest project, ‘Open to Open Access’, we collaborated with the University’s Institute for Heath and Wellbeing and external partners Coventry and De Montfort Universities on a project to support researchers in meeting their funders’ Open Access requirements.
The team represents LLS on the university’s Research and Enterprise Committee, Research Degrees Committee and Research Ethics Committee.
If you are a research student or research active member of staff at The University of Northampton and you think we can help you then please get in touch.