If you’ve ever wondered about the reasons behind the support LLS (Library and Learning Services) offer students and staff at the University… But haven’t got the time to spend the whole day in a conference… Choose a session that suits… and join us in Cottesbrooke for 30 min to an hour!
09:30 – 11:00: Morning Plenary Session [ C101 ]
● Welcome from Nick Petford, Vice Chancellor of the University of Northampton
● Chris Powis – Tall Shelves and Ladders: student perceptions of the library
● Rob Howe, Vicky Brown and Julie Usher – Understanding the student
● Paul Rice and Rob Farmer – Evaluating the effectiveness of a quiz in an educational video
11:15 – 12:00: Parallel Session 1 [ C203 ]
● Richard Byles – Advocating active blended learning through video case studies
● Joanne Farmer and Hannah Woods – Digital value: some reflections
on Resources Week at the University of Northampton
● Vicky Brown – Electronic Evidence & Expression: Evaluating the efficacy of and support for ePortfolio systems at UoN
11:15 – 12:00 Parallel Session 2 [ C101 ]
● Kate Coulson and Alison Loddick – Using Research to Grow a Service
● Rob Howe and Jim Atkinson – Exploring staff digital competencies
12:00 – 13:00: Panel Discussion [ C101 ]
● Chris Powis (chair), Cheryl Gardner, Sheryl Mansfield, Lisa Anderson,Dawn Hibbert
14:00 – 15:00: Parallel Session 3 [ C203 ]
● Susannah Quinsee – Citizen Researcher
14:00 – 15:00: Parallel Session 4 [ C101 ]
● Rob Howe – Enhancing the student experience through the use of NILE (Blackboard) templates – where is Wally?
● Sam Thomas – ‘How can I help?’ What impact does our language have on student perception, understanding and the development of academic skills?
● Gillian Siddall, Cheryl Gardner and Emily Oakley – Evaluating online reading lists – the student experience
● Al Holloway – Everybody deserves a captioned video]
15:20 – 16:30: Afternoon Plenary Session [ C101 ]
● Nick Dimmock – Off the shelf: thesis digitisation in LLS
● Kate Swinton – UNPAC – Take 2
● Dr Cleo Cameron – Implementing ERM: Electronic Resource Management or Extremely Riddlesome Matter?
● Dawn Hibbert – Do we really need a CRIS?
Excited to announce that bookings are now open for our bi-annual LLS (Library and Learning Services) conference.
This year’s conference is entitled “Everyone a Researcher”
It will be LLS’s last conference at Park Campus where we hope to say goodbye in style, whilst also looking forward with anticipation, and welcoming in our new beginnings at Waterside.
LLS Conference 2018 will showcase the research undertaken by Library and Learning Services’ staff and demonstrate the inclusive and collaborative nature of the projects completed.
The theme for the LLS Conference 2018 is “Everyone a Researcher” and with this in mind, the conference will incorporate various formats such as traditional research papers, works in progress, a panel session and workshops as well as the now legendary minute madness. These will be delivered by staff members from across all LLS teams!
LLS Conference 2018 also welcomes on board our new Head of Research Support Dawn Hibbert, as well as our new visiting Professor, Professor Susannah Quinsee. We are extremely fortunate to have their additional professional input into our research community here in LLS, and of course, the University of Northampton as a whole.
So please do join us, for what looks to be our best conference yet. Help us to celebrate LLS research, present and future, as we begin to prepare for our Waterside adventure, and boldly go, where no Library and Learning Services department has gone before!
Full programme: http://bit.ly/llsconf18-prog-pdf
Further information: https://mypad.northampton.ac.uk/llsconferences/