Battle of Ideas Festival on 18-19 October 2014
The Battle of Ideas festival, organised by The Institute of Ideas, provides a forum for free thinking, debate and discussion on a host of topics. It will take place on the weekend of 18 and 19 October at the Barbican in London, one of the world’s leading art centres.
This year’s programme includes important keynote debates such as:
- Should we fear democracy?;
- Why are we afraid to judge?;
- Hashtag feminism: radical or banal?;
- Big Data: big danger? and
- After Gaza: the return of anti-Semitism?
Strands of debate include:
- Legal Challenges;
- Defending everyday liberties;
- Interrogating Megatrends;
- School Fights;
- Austerity dilemmas;
- Creative conundrums,
- Eye on the world
- and many more.
For more information, and to book tickets, go the Battle of Ideas Website.