Graduate School Workshops in February 2015
We have a range of workshops running in February, open to Postgraduate Research Students and Early Career Researchers at UN. They include short 2 hour workshops in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, a CV workshop and bibliometrics. Longer sessions include a presentation skills day for those of you presenting at conferences this year, plus Hugh Kearns will be visiting us again to help you tackle self-sabotage – procrastination, ‘too busy’ syndrome and disorganisation. His seminar will help you to understand why your thesis or research isn’t getting done and what you can do about it.
- Basic data analysis and variability – February 4th 12:00-14:00
- Careers Focus: Marketing yourself effectively – February 4th 15:00-17:00
- Lynn Finn, Careers http://marketyrselffeb2015.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Qualitative Methods: Grounded Theory – February 5th 11:00-13:00
- Alasdair Gordon-Finlayson http://groundtheoryfeb2015.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Presentation Skills Development Day – February 10th 9:15-16:30
- Dr Adair Richards. http://presskillsfeb15.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Defeating self-sabotage – February 13th 13:30-16:30
- Hugh Kearns http://defeatssfeb15.eventbrite.co.uk
- What can bibliometrics do for you? – February 19th 11:00-13:00
- Dr Miggie Pickton and Nick Dimmock: http://bibliometricsfeb15.eventbrite.co.uk/
For more information about each workshop click on the links above. To view the complete Graduate School Development Programme which has recently been updated with some new workshops please go to the Programme Hub Post.
Posted on January 27, 2015, in Events, Workshops & Training and tagged Adair Richards, bibliometrics, careers, Development days, Graduate School workshops, Hugh Kearns, presentation skills, qualitative methodology, Quantitative methodology. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.