Online tutorials for PGR students and early career researchers
There are now five new interactive tutorials on the Skills Hub. You will find them in a new section ‘Postgraduate Research Skills‘ on the ‘Academic Skills‘ tab.
- Author bibliometrics – examines the key author bibliometrics and their use
- Journal bibliometrics – explores the use of impact factors and other metrics for ranking journals
- Journals and articles – addresses your publication strategy, journal types and what makes a ‘good’ paper
- Other forms of publishing – covers posters, exhibitions, creative works, website authoring and Open Access publishing
- Networking – making the most of face to face and online networking with fellow researchers
The tutorials were originally produced by members of the East Midlands Research Support Group at Loughborough, Coventry, Nottingham and De Montfort Universities but have been updated here to enhance their relevance to University of Northampton researchers. The tutorials include opportunities for reflection, self tests, video clips and lots more.
If you have any feedback on the tutorials, especially suggestions for improvement, then I’d love to hear from you (email@example.com).
Image credit: Stockmonkeys.com
Posted on October 14, 2015, in Library, Workshops & Training and tagged academic writing, bibliometrics, conferences, dissemination, ECRs, Getting published, journals, publishing, Research, research students. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.