External PhD Student… Need Resources?
Not based at Northampton and been frustrated that you can’t access that book that you so desparately need to complete your studies?
Go to https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access and fill in the online form using the drop down options.
- to state the type of student you are (e.g. PhD full-time, PhD part-time)
- where you’re a student (i.e. University of Northampton)
- it will then ask you to select an institution local to you where they’d like to access resources (it only lists those institutions in the scheme)
- a window then pops up with an “apply for access” button
- click it, fill in the rest of the information and the university at the other end will processes your application and allow you to borrow resources from their library.
A large number of Universities are part of this scheme.
In regards to inter library loans, the British Library will send journal articles anywhere, because they can send them via email via secure electronic delivery. Unfortunately, British Library inter library loan books have to be collected from the University of Northampton.
Posted on September 19, 2017, in Early Career Researcher, Faculties, Moulton College, Research, Research Institutes and Centres, Support and tagged Library Loans, PhD, resources. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.