Annual Research Conference 2021 – Three Minute Thesis competition
16th to 18th June 2021
Online via Collaborate and the Creative Hub, Waterside (subject to campus return and social distancing rules)
To take part, you will be required to outline your thesis in a three-minute presentation and one slide! Rules of entry are as follows:
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
If we cannot hold the first day of the Conference on campus, judging will take place on a remote basis only.
The 3MT competition is open only to PGRs.
Please complete an entry form, including the title of your presentation using this link: https://forms.office.com/r/uiVvUGpKbd.
Once you have entered, please send your single slide to Linda Maguire. The deadline for the submission of your slide is Wednesday 2nd June 2021.
It is anticipated that the winner of 3MT at the Annual Conference will represent UoN at the East Midlands Doctoral Network (EMDoc) 3MT Conference later in the year.
Please view this link for further information on 3MT worldwide:
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.