Update on IT from the Graduate School
Dear PGRs and supervisors
You will be aware that the university is experiencing disruption with its IT systems. This may continue for a few days, so here is some information about how it affects PGRs in particular.
Graduate school staff have some access to email and NILE, but cannot access Gateway or any of the student records systems. We are also aware that your access to systems may be affected, as it appears to affect users in different ways. Therefore please note the following:
- Workshops scheduled for this week (w/c 22/3/21) will be postponed.
- The announcement of the winner of Images of Research will be postponed until everyone can join in the celebrations.
- Vivas will go ahead provided all participants have access.
- Thesis submission and resubmission may be disrupted, so if you are affected please contact Laura.
- Gateway appears to be inaccessible, so any delays in using the system for time-sensitive tasks will be taken into account.
- Online supervision can take place where both PGR and supervisor/s have access, but may need to be postponed if not.
We will do our best to keep you updated, given the issues with email. This message will also be posted on the Research Support Hub with links from social media.