Posted by Miggie Pickton
Workshop – ‘The Digital Academic: Tools and Tips for Research Impact and ECR Employability’
Monday 23rd March 2015
What does it really mean to be ‘a digital academic’? How can you build your online academic profile via social media? Do hiring committees actually care about your ‘digital academic impact’?
To help you identify the must-have technologies and tools for being a modern digital academic and the skills to manage them successfully, jobs.ac.uk and Piirus are hosting an exclusive half-day workshop event. Find out more and register on Eventbrite.
Posted by Simone Apel
Following on nicely from our last Hub post, Jobs.ac.uk is holding a Google+ Hangout on Tuesday 27th January at 12 noon, on integrating digital media, blogs, apps and social media into your academic practice. The session will help you learn how to use digital tools to give you a competitive advantage, great for your CV and for public engagement and networking.
- How to blend digital tools into your current work and conferences
- How to manage your time online effectively
- How to write for an online audience
- How to use a blog to increase your public engagement
- How digital networking can enhance your research
- How to effectively use online networking to find collaborators
To join the session go to the Hangout page.