New transcription service launched
Posted by David Watson
Transcribers needed – Northampton
The role involves typing up transcripts for a couple of University of Northampton staff and researchers. This will be on an ad-hoc basis at times that suits you and your studies. The hours of work available depends on your availability.
This role will be based from your own home and is paid on the length of the transcription. For example a transcript that is an hour in length will be paid a certain amount for example £15.
They have a number of recordings that are waiting to be transcribed so are looking for people to start as soon as possible. They estimate they have a number of hours that can be spread over a number of student transcribers.
- Transferring research into a written format from recordings that vary in length
- Maintaining confidentially of the research you are transcribing
- Ensuring transcribing is accurate, in the specified format and given back on time
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written English
- Very good IT skills
- Prior transcribing experience (academic/professional – not essential though as training can be provided).
- Knowledge of Dragon software
About Coco Careers
Coco Careers are a social enterprise working in partnership with the University of Northampton with the aim of improving student and graduate employability. This is through providing graduate level roles to graduates and undergraduates. Contact the team if you are interested in finding out more about this role, or if you’d like to find out how else we can help.
|Sarah Hullfirstname.lastname@example.org||01604 242 592|
|Michael Pettigrewemail@example.com||01604 242 591|
|Jeff Hendersonfirstname.lastname@example.org||01604 242 590|