Have you any questions about research, funding applications, bidding or researcher development? If yes, the Research Support Centre would like to invite you to drop in for a chat about all things research related at our next Coffee Morning on Wednesday, 17th January. No need to book, just pop in anytime between 10.30am-12pm in the Top Lodge Conservatory on Park Campus.
Warm refreshments, nice biscuits and friendly advice are always on offer.
The RSB office are hosting their Coffee Morning next Wednesday, 15th November 2017 in the Top Lodge Conservatory, Park Campus.
Whether you’re working on a specific application, have a project in mind or just want to know more about the support we can provide, then please stop by for a chat between 10.30am-12pm. Tea and coffee, nice biscuits will be on offer to warm you up on these chilly mornings.
Are you in a post transfer phase, writing up or about to hand in your research degree thesis? If so, then you are invited to preparing for the viva workshop with Professor Chris Roe .This workshop will be held on the 2nd October from 5pm to 7pm in SO36 (near Dialog Café), Rockingham Library Ground Floor. We’ll discuss the purpose of the viva from the different perspectives of the student, examiner and university and use these insights to help planning the best way to prepare for your own viva. There’ll be lots of opportunity to ask questions, discuss concerns and share experiences!
To book, please see:Gateway Calendar
The RSB office are excited to announce that the Funding Module of Gateway will be going live from Friday, 15th September. This new system will replace the RGA forms and the need for paper sign off. From the 15th anyone developing or submitting an application for research or enterprise funding will be able to get their application signed off in Gateway.
You’ll be happy to know that the new system will deliver a number of improvements:-
- Better reporting of projects
- Improved visibility of workloads, deadlines and outstanding tasks
- Increased accuracy in fund reporting
- Ability to request review of proposals by peers, RSB or others at a touch of a button.
To help staff in the introduction of this new funding module, a Drop-In Session will take place on Monday, 18th September from 10am-2pm in the Top Lodge Conservatory – bring your laptop or phone and the RSB team will be available to talk you through this new process. If you prefer a 1:1 or group session, please contact RSB@northampton.ac.uk and we will be happy to come to you. Depending on demand, further drop-in sessions can be planned.
We are looking forward to this new system going live and believe it will provide a more efficient way of managing research funding.
- Go to Gateway.
- Log in, choose the link ‘Calendar’ from the left hand menu.
- Click on the title of the workshop you’re interested in – all workshops/events are in date order.
- Click on the Green dot ‘Respond’.
- Choose ‘Attending’ then submit. You have the option to write a note, for instance if you know you’re going to be late arriving at the workshop.
- If you subsequently need to cancel your place just repeat the process and change the response to ‘Not Attending’.
- If you are interested in the workshop but cannot attend the date scheduled then choose Defer. This will let me know that you are interested in attending another time. We may be able to schedule the workshop again.
- To check which workshops you have booked onto and generate a list of attendances, read on.
The Graduate School Development Programme is designed for all University of Northampton researchers, research students and early career researchers. The following workshops are coming up and are open for booking through Gateway. See the instructions at the end of the post to see the full calendar, or you can click on the links in the table below to the individual workshops. [Please note: you will need to log into Gateway to access the information].
|Finding Resources on the Web||19 Oct 2016, from 14:00 to 16:00|
|Shut Up and Write! writing session||31 Oct 2016, from 10:00 to 13:00|
|Preparing for the Viva||08 Nov 2016, from 17:00 to 19:00|
|Smarter speed reading||15 Nov 2016, from 12:00 to 15:00|
|SPSS 1 beginnner’s workshop||16 Nov 2016, from 14:00 to 16:00|
|Grounded Theory||24 Nov 2016, from 10:00 to 12:00|
|SPSS 2 (follow on workshop from 16th November)||30 Nov 2016, from 14:00 to 16:00|